Saturday, August 27, 2016

Happy Meow-lloween

It's that time of year where I seem to bounce between Christmas, Fall and Halloween cards, intermingled with everyday type cards. Yesterday was Christmas. Today, it's Halloween's turn.


Back in the day, I never bought Halloween stamps because I was on the C.C. Designs/Sweet November design team and they always had the cutest Halloween images. Fast forward a few years later and I still don't buy a lot of them. Maybe one every year or two because I love to make Halloween cards but I really don't have that many people to send them to. I dread the day that the children I give to now outgrow them. The C.C. Designs Happy Meow-lloween set was one ( of the two!!) purchases made this year. I stamped the cat and broom  onto Copics X-press It cardstock, cut out with the matching Meow-lloween Kitties dies and then colored with Copic markers. I created the shaker using the Pretty Pink Posh Storyboard 5 die along with an MFT stitched rectangle die cut from Smoky Slate cardstock and then stamped the sentiment directly onto it. I created the background by loosely water coloring with the Purple #139 cake from a Kurtake Gansai Tambi set. The storybook top and water colored background were sandwiched together with foam tape with a few sequins from the Verve Hocus Pocus shaker mix in the bottom box. I glued a couple of the stars from the same mix onto the top box and then added the stamped images. After wrapping marigold twine around the panel, I attached it to a plain white card base.

Products: C.C. Designs stamps, Ranger Watercolor, Stampin' Up and PTI cs, Verve sequins, The Twinery twine, Pretty Pink Posh die, MFT die and ink, Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor, Copic Markers
Copics: Cat-E40, E41, E42, E44; V12, V15, V17, C00, C1, C3, C5; Broom-E30, E33, E35, E97, E99, YR30, YR31, YR23

I hope you are having a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment: