Friday, August 12, 2016

Christmas Blessings

Today's project is a trio of Christmas tags I created for the  Ellen Hutson Calling All Artists Pin-Sights ChallengeUnfortunately, my photos are a bit dark. It's gloomy here!


I used the largest die from the Paper Smooches Gift Tags 2 set to cut two tags from white linen and a third one from kraft cardstock. I stamped the same sentiment from the Paper Smooches A Blessed Christmas at the bottom of each tag. I then used the Essentials by Ellen Laurel Wreath die to cut wreaths from Green Parakeet, Pinefeather and gold mirrored cardstock. I cut additional ones from plain white cardstock in order to layer the wreaths for dimension and stability.


For the "glamour" tag, I added a metallic red bow using a die from the My Favorite Things Blueprints 3 set and gold and red metallic stars cut with dies from the Essentials by Ellen Home & Hearth set. Some gold metallic thread in the tag hole finished it up.


The "rustic" tag includes a small house cut with a die from the Essentials by Ellen Home & Hearth set and a small plaid bow cut with the Mama Elephant Dainty Bow die. Natural cord was threaded through the tag hole.


For the "clean and simple" tag I stamped the dove from the Paper Smooches A Blessed Christmas set onto Copics X-Press It cardstock and then cut out with the matching die from the Blessed Icons set. After coloring with Copic makers, I threaded lime green cord through the tag hole.

Products: Essential by Ellen dies, Paper Smooches stamps and dies, Bazzill and PTI cs, Michael's mirrored cs, Hemptique cord, MFT ink, Copic Markers
Copics: W00, E81, YG0000, YG01, YG03




Just like the tags I made earlier this week, these will most likely be placed on cards. It's been fun getting back to crafting this week. We are have a busy weekend ahead with my granddaughter's birthday party and an open house. I need to do some shopping and get this house cleaned for it. Have a great weekend.

1 comment: