Thursday, March 24, 2016

Easter is On It's Way

Easter is practically here but can I admit that I am not happy when it lands in March? I can never seem to get prepared for it and this time is no exception. We've just been so busy with the house, a granddaughter's March birthday, church activities that it has been hard finding time to create. I usually do simple Easter baskets for my two granddaughters and goody bags for grand nieces and nephews for our Easter egg hunt at my aunt's farmhouse. Plus I like to color real eggs although I do have some plastic ones for back up. So far I have none of that done!

I also haven't completed the normal amount of Easter cards so I whipped up two simple ones yesterday.


First up, is a more masculine one. It's hard to see in my photograph but the cross was cut from gold mirrored cardstock. I just didn't take the time to get the camera in the right angle to see the metallic before I popped it in the mail. The cross was cut using a die from the Simon Says Crosses set and was attached to a white textured cardstock circle and topped with a Prima sticker from my stash. The circle was attached to a patterned paper wonky stitched rectangle with a layer of craft foam. The sentiment from the Simon Says Rejoice set was stamped directly onto the patterned paper using chocolate brown ink.

Products: Simon Says stamp and die, PTI dp and cs, Bazzill and Michael's cs, Prima sticker,  MFT dies and ink



I managed to capture some of the gold of the cross with this one. This time I used a die from the Paper Smooches Crosses set, placed on a wonky stitched circle using foam tape. The background was cut from textured cardstock and I embossed a larger wonky stitched circle and then added a strip of patterned paper. The sentiment from the Taylored Expressions He is Risen set was stamped directly onto the cardstock background. The cross/circle was attached with a layer of craft foam for more dimension.


Products: Taylored Expressions stamp, Bazzill, Michael's and PTI cs, MFT and Paper Smooches dies, Simon Says ink

I usually do the bunnies and chicks designs for the little ones but I like to make the more meaningful ones for the adults on my mailing list.

2 comments:

  1. These are really beautiful, Nancy! So elegant and yet striking! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my journaling. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple - but beautifully elegant Nancy. I hope you and your family had a lovely Easter!

    ReplyDelete