Thursday, December 24, 2015

Peace on Earth

Today's card features images that I colored back in October for The Daily Marker 30 Day challenge. All the images came from one of my very favorite Christmas sets ever, WPlus9 Drummer Boy. I cut them out with the matching Drummer Boy Die set and colored with Copic Markers.


I prepared the background by using the smooshing technique with Blueberry Sky ink onto Ranger Distress Watercolor cardstock. I then sprayed and tapped Hero Arts Unicorn White spray onto it for a snowy, foggy look. After the background piece dried, I cut it with a My Favorite Things stitched die. I stamped the sentiment and then assembled the scene attaching with a combination of glue and foam tape. I also cut a cross from gold mirrored cardstock using a die from the Simon Says Crosses Die set and placed in the sky rather than a star.

Products: WPlus9 stamps and dies, Ranger and PTI cs,Recollections mirrored cs, Hero Arts spray, Simon Says die, PTI, Memento and Versamark inks, Copic Markers
Copics: Jesus and Manger-E000, E00, E11, E31, E33, E37, YR30, YR31, Y20, E23, E25, E27; Lambs-C00, C1, C3, C5, N1, N3, N5; Donkey-W00, W1, W2, W5, C00, C1; Palm Tree-YG0000, YG91, YG93, E41, E42, E44

This card is a reminder that we need more peace and love in this world. I am signing off for a week or more to spend time with family while celebrating the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ. May you all have a blessed Christmas.


I am entering tihs card in the Color Throwdown (ctd373)challenge

2 comments: