Friday, August 21, 2015

Blessed to Call You a Friend

Happy Friday!

Today's card reflects my interpretation of the Freshly Made Sketch #200. They are celebrating the 200th sketch and have lots of prizes up for grabs so I am tossing my card into the mix.


I actually flipped the sketch so that the smaller panel was at the bottom. I cut the background panel from Strathmore watercolor paper and a strip of patterned paper from an older My Mind's Eye pad using a Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mat die. I really didn't need to use watercolor paper for the background since I wasn't really coloring on it but I liked that the texture would match my image piece. I used a die from the Papertrey Ink Building Blocks die for cutouts and then backed with more paper from the same paper pad. I cut a tag also from the same watercolor paper using the largest die from the WPlus9 Timeless Tags 2 set. I stamped the stem/leaf and sentiment from the WPlus9 Doodle Buds set onto the tag, plus a flower and extra leaf separately using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I heat embossed all images with clear embossing powder and then cut out the leaf and flower bud with the matching Doodle Buds dies. After coloring the images with my new Zig Clean Color Real Brushes - I am still in a major learning curve on these - the flower bud and leaf were attached to the tag with foam tape. I added some baker's twine in the tag hole and then using the tag as a guide, I stamped the rest of the sentiment directly onto the background panel and then added the completed tag with craft foam.

Products: WPlus9 stamps and dies, My Mind's Eye dp, Strathmore watercolor paper, PTI cs and die, Lil Inker Designs die, Versafine ink, Kuretake Zig Clean Color Brushes
Zigs: Flower-Light Carmine, Carmine Red; Stem/Leaves-Yellow, Pale Green, Light Green; Background-Cobalt Blue


That's it for today. Have a fabulous weekend!


10 comments:

  1. Sweet flower and I love the cut out panels behind it! Such a great effect! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches to celebrate our 200th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love that flower and that zig zag paper behind! Such lovely colours and a great mix of patterns! Thank you for celebrating our 200th Sketch with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, this card is awesome! I love the way you fussy cut the flower and leaf and popped them up off of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really wow! You layers and colors plus the clean white space are perfectly balanced! Thanks for joining our celebration at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the layers and the textures. And the Doodle Buds set is one of my favorites - so great for coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A charming card and I like the color choices, can't go wrong with black and white and a touch of color.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Your card caught my eye over in the Freshly Made Sketches Gallery and I wanted to come visit and see more! And, oh my goodness, I AM SO GLAD I DID - this is so lovely - so crisp - so clean and just so beautifully done!! Love it!!! I really enjoyed visiting your blog and I would love it if you popped over for a visit to my blog at daisiesgirl.com!! I have a giveaway going on right now!
    Taunya Butler
    http://daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderfully designed. The cut out panels behind your tag add lots of interest and a splash of bold color. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful & creative--wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete