Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Tags and Footprints #14

Welcome to tag #14 which is also the last one of Christmas Tags and Footprints series.

This year I thought it would be fun to give cozy socks for the females and warm work socks for the guys in the family who will be celebrating Christmas with us in addition to their big gift. Each set will have a handmade tag along with a small inexpensive gift (under $5) inside one of the socks. 

I cut two tags and a tag topper from white and chartreuse cardstock using the Wplus9 Timeless Tags 2 Die. I stamped the various images from the WPlus9 Silver Bells stamps set onto the matching pieces cut with the Wplus9 Silver Bells Die set using silver ink (bells), red (bow) and green (greenery). I grouped together the images on the tag attaching with dimensional dots and glue. The sentiment from the same stamp set was stamped in purple and I tied the two tags together with a ribbon bow.


And here it is attached to the socks:


Other Products:
PTI Stamper's Select White  and Simply Chartreuse cs
May Arts Ribbon
Delicata Silver Shimmer ink
MFT Sour Apple ink
Ranger Vermillion Archival ink
Studio Calico Purple Rain ink


I've had several emails about this series and although I have already responded to them I thought I would answer the most common ones here.

First of all, although the socks were different colors (the girls anyway) I wanted to keep some continuity to all of them. I made the tag colors the same (chartruese and white) and also included the color red on all of them even it it was small amount like the sentiment. I also used the same ribbon when I attached them to the sock.

As for the socks and gifts inside, I purchased the cozy socks at T.J. Maxx. They were in packs of two for $6 and were infused with a lavender scent. The men's were less expensive and I bought one pack for all of them. All of the men got a miniature (liquor) except one and all the females got a Burt's Bees tube of lip balm. For my six year old, I added some cute Disney Frozen adjustable rings and another pair of socks. For the baby, I just placed more socks inside. It was necessary to keep costs down because 12 of the recipients would be getting a "big" gift also.

I hope you have enjoyed the tag series! Thank you for hanging in there with me!


My Sale Page.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this one is so very cute, your tags are all fabulous this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent tag Nancy. Well done. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a lovely series! The tags are so beautiful, they are a gift on their own!

    ReplyDelete