Monday, September 9, 2013

Thankful for You

Good morning. I don't know about you but the weekend just flew by for me. And here we are with another manic Monday.

I recently have become reacquainted with Stampin' Up products after a very long hiatus with a purchase of some new inks and matching cardstock some of which figure prominently on today's project. I used the September Sketch for You to Try (#4) for the layout although I took a few liberties with it. Lots of tags and tag based cards from me lately. I already had all my Reverse Confetti guest designer projects completed before this sketch was published so it's purely coincidental that I'm featuring yet another tag on today's card.

I started out by stamping the  Reverse Confetti Whole Lotta Dots set onto the tag shape using SU Midnight Muse ink and matching cardstock for a tone on tone look. I then added the bit of burlap ribbon secured with a button at the top. I stamped the sentiment from the new Forever Fall set with SU Gumball Green onto a die cut piece. I love that even though it's a fall set there are sentiments that work for anytime of the year. After stamping the chevrons from the Arrows 'n Elements set, I fussy cut them out and attached to a strip of SU Baked Brown Sugar cardstock. A wood veneer star and a couple of sequins provided the only finishing touches as I wanted to retain the masculine feel of the card. The patterned paper came from the new Glitz Design Dapper Dan 6x6 pad. I have to admit that I went all in on the new Glitz pads! Frankly, I've pretty much spent my crafty budget for the remainder of the year between the SU and new paper pads. .



Products: Reverse Confetti stamps, Glitz Design dp, Studio Calico Sequins and Wood Veneer Stars, PTI buttons, The Cat's Pajamas CutUps, Stampin' Up cardstock and inks

I'm off to start the laundry. Laundry and Mondays kinda go together, don't you think? Thanks for stopping by.  

 

My Sale Page (new items added 9/3/2013).


6 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Nancy! Love the colors, patterns, the design...it's all simply wonderful! Happy laundry day...lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color palette and how you used the layout! Hugs-Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, I like this!! the colors are amazing!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ack! i love green and blue together,especially these shades....looks great in the dots and chevrons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect masculine card, the color combo is totally eye catching!
    I'm trying to be good with my craft budget too but I really, really,really want the new October Afternoon stuff once it finally makes an appearance so I'm sure I'll splurge a bit when that day comes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful masculine design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete