Monday, May 20, 2013

{The Cat's Pajamas Sneak Peek} Summer Sayings


I'm back with the last day of TCP sneak peeks. Today we are highlighting the Summer Sayings set and today I have a two-fer for you. I can see lots of uses for this set. For cards of course, but also for traditional scrapbook pages as well as Project Life and smash books.I absolutely adore this set. I love summer and am planning on a beach vacation in July so the wording is perfect.

Subway art is a major trend right now so I decided to try it. I just started stamping the various sentiments and images in different ink colors onto white cardstock for a hot, summery look. There are a few smidgie smudges (yeah, that's a technical term) but I'm hoping you think it adds to the charm! After I finished the stamping, I added some buttons and jewels here and there. I attached the piece to an oversized tag shape that I created with a piece from the Toppers CutUps set. Before attaching the tag to the card base, I slipped a piece underneath at the top that I cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities. I then added the fun sunglasses at the bottom cut with the new Glasses CutUps.


Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamps and CutUps, Echo Park dp, May Arts ribbon, PTI buttons, Kaisercraft jewels, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Memento and Ranger's Archival inks

My second project has a whole different look. I started out by cutting a tag shape using the new Luggage Tag CutUps. I then used several sets, plus a bit of patterned paper to decorate it. The row of vehicles and the 'roadtrip' sentiment came from the Summer Sayings set. The Beep Beep sentiment and the center dotted lines came from the Joyride set and the checkerboard patterned was stamped from the Toni's Tea Set. The patterned papers all came from the Simples Stories Urban Traveler and I added a small heart cut with the icons from the Pinwheels CutUps onto the center of the North America portion of the map paper secured with a teeny tiny Queen and Co. brad. I wrapped some twine around the card front and then attached the tag with double sided tape. I anchored it down with a couple of buttons and a wood veneer vehicle by Studio Calico.



Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamps and CutUps, Simple Stories dp, Studio Calico wood die-cut, Doodlebug and PTI buttons, Memento ink (Tuxedo Black, Expresso Truffle, Gray Flannel and Morocco)

So here is what you need to know:
  1. The release date is set for Tuesday, May 21 although if you stop by the pajama party tonight you might could get an early start on the shopping
  2. The Pajama Party at Splitcoaststampers is tonight, May 20 Time: 8-10pm EST, 5-7pm PST
  3. In addition, if you're IN IT TO WIN IT, visit our Splitcoast forum and leave us some love on the IN IT TO WIN IT thread every day for more opportunities to score some TCP goodies 


I'll see you at the Pajama Party tonight. I will have a really fun project to share with you as do other members of The Cat Pack. We'll chat, we'll give you the opportunity to win some prizes. And afterwards we can shop and blog hop! Be sure to check out the other Cat Pack projects using this fab new set today. The full list of today's Cat Pack participants are on the Dancing in Pajamas blog.


7 comments:

  1. Both cards are fantastic!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are great, but I love the bright colours on the first card - so summery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your subway art turned out great Nancy! And those sunglasses are too cute! I'm already in the summer mood, not only because of your card, but also because summer has arrived here on Crete. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are super, super cute!!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of your cards Nancy! The first one makes me think of tropical, juicy fruity beverages poolside (the kind with umbrellas and fruit garnishes). Can you tell I'm ready for summer?

    I also really enjoyed how you took different bits and bobs on your 2cd card to make something that just looks like the elements all belonged together to begin with. Anytime someone can show me how to get more from my stamps, I appreciate it! So thank you!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete