Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sew Simple

Hello there! I finally broke out the My Favorite Things Sew Nifty set which is a combination of stamps and Die-namics. I love sewing images and have so many ideas for this particular set. I was already working on a gift set of cards using these stamps with my fabulous new My Mind's Eye Lost and Found 2 pads when this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club (MFTWSC34) sketch challenge was posted. So I decided to use the sketch for one of the cards.

The first card is the one that uses the MFT sketch and features the MME "Rosy" pad. I stamped the dress form image onto patterned paper and then cut with the matching Die-namic. I used the My Mind's Eye Princess stamps on the second panel - stamping directly onto the patterned paper. I also stamped and diecut the spool and then wrapped some twine around it and inserted two button head stickpins. The sentiment also comes from the same set although I had to parse it to fit the label.



My second card in the set uses the MME "Blush" pad. I stamped the dress form image onto patterned paper and then cut with the matching Die-namic.  I intertwined the flourish diecut around the dress form. The sentiment was stamped directly onto the patterned paper. Easy and oh so vintage.


The third card in the set was even easier as the patterned paper did most of the work for me. I used the MME "Sunshine" pad which is my favorite of the whole Lost and Found 2 group. I cut the dressform using the same MFT Die-namic as before. Some buttons and a fluffy bow and it was done. Absolutely no stamping on this one.


The last card features the MME "Breeze" pad. I stamped the sewing machine onto the patterned paper and then cut out with Spellbinders Nestabilities. The second panel features the dress form die again. I added some crinkled seam binding, a decorative brad, a button and the Dritz stickpins again to complete it.


Products: My Favorite Things stamps and Die-namics, My Mind's Eye dp, decorative brad and stamps, PTI buttons, Dritz stickpins, Spellbinders Nestabilities

That's it for the day. Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Two words, Nancy: SHUT UP! Each card is BEAUTIFUL!!! I especially love the second card that uses the dress form patterned paper! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMWord, these are so fantastic Nancy, no one could show this set off better than you just have...these are awesome and I love them all! Amazing work, as always! :)
    Hope you have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cards, Nancy! Each one is simply beautiful! I love the Baker's Twine wrapped around the spool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again...wow. Your creativity amazes me!

    ReplyDelete