Sunday, August 14, 2011

Peace on Earth

Today's cards are for this week's The Cat's Pajamas Tuesday challenge (TCPTUES171) which is an inspirational one. This is a great challenge for me as I really need to get more Christmas cards done so I'm not working in a panic in December. This time last year  I had 1/3 of my cards completed. This year - well - not so much. In fact I made two cards for this challenge, not for extra brownie points but because I really need to jumpstart the Christmas card task.

For my first card, I stamped the bird from The Tweetest Things set with white ink onto red cardstock, sprinkled with white detail embossing powder and then heat set. I cut it out with the matching CutUp. I attached to the card background with pop dots. The Hero Arts sentiment was cut with circle Spellbinders Nestabilities. As you can see, I kept it clean and simple.

Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamp and CutUps, Hero Arts sentiment, My Favorite Things Die-Namics, SEI dp, Bo Bunny jewels, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Spellbinders Nestabilities

Since my first card was on the more elegant side, I decided for a more fun look on the second. I stamped The Cat's Pajamas Just Chillin bunny onto Copics X-Press It blending card and then cut with a Spellbinders Nestabilities allowing one ear to fall outside of the circle. I raided my large Christmas paper stash and found some older patterned papers for the layout. 



Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamp, Cosmo Cricket and Creative Imaginations dp, PTI die, sentiment stamp and buttons, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic markers
Copics: Bunny-E40, E41, E42; Coat-R22, R24, R27; Water-BG70, BG72; Shadows-C00, C1

That's it for today. I hope your Sunday is nice and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment