Monday, July 4, 2011

I Remember Big

Happy Independence Day America! And I missed out on wishing my sweet Canadian readers a Happy Canada Day on Friday so I will now. I hope everyone is having a great long weekend celebrating with family and friends. And for the rest of my international readers, I hope you are off to a great start to the new week.

Today's card is for the July My Favorite Things Guest Design Team contest (MFTGUESTDT0711) with the theme of "a touch of texture." Flopsey Fishing has been colored and kitted up with my paper choice for a while now so the contest is a great excuse to break him out of his plastic bag home. Flopsey was stamped onto X-Press It cardstock, colored with Copics and cut out with Spellbinders Nestabilities letting his ears flop outside the box. I broke out my old Fiskars paper crimper for the background panel which is one of my textural touches. I'm going to add it back to my scrappy tool box since I think it also adds a nice masculine feel too. I stamped the sentiment, cut with  Nestabilities and then attached to the card as if it was a posted sign. The post portion is actually a picket fence die that I just cut one of the posts from. The flourish die-namic was cut onto cork paper which is another bit of texture. It feels like a extremely thin veneer of actual cork on top of paper and it's been in my stash forever. I even decorated the inside which is something I rarely do. I donate most of my cards so the inside is normally blank but this one is for a specific person so I felt free to get creative albeit in a very simple manner. I stamped the fish from the Something's Fishy a la mode set. I stamped once, then twice more without re-inking. I completed the sentiment on yet another sign, hopefully leaving plenty of room for a short note and signature.





Products: My Favorite Things stamp, twill and Die-namics, Bella Blvd dp, PTI cs, die and button, Fiskars paper crimper, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers
Copics: Bunny-E51, E51, E53, E55; Fishing Reel-E42, E44; Fish-YG91, YG93, YG95


Thank you so much for stopping by. God Bless America.

4 comments:

  1. Delightful card Nancy! Such wonderful accents! Good luck with the contest! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect papers, this is such a perfect masculine card Nancy! I love the sentiment and how you used it, the inside looks fantastic! Hope your 4th was full of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo...that strip of patterned paper is just perfect! Lovin' all the bunnies and penguins you're doing lately!

    ReplyDelete