Wednesday, July 13, 2011

All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge - Side Step Card

I created this for All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge which is to make a "side step card." This type of card is one of those that looks complicated but in fact is rather easy. I started this when two of our granddaughters were visiting last month and I got some oohs and ahs from them before it was even finished. Here is a tutorial.

I loved Amy's Sweet November mermaids long before I joined her design team. These stamps I am using today are from last summer's mermaid group. I bought the digital versions so I could manipulate them and that is exactly what I did here. I flipped Shimmer RedKelp before printing. I included Shimmer's sweet Otter friend, the fish from the Coral Reefweaver set and the dolphin from the Ocean Wavedancer set. I colored them all with Copic Markers, cut them out then adhered to the card here and there as if they were all splashing in the ocean. The patterned paper is the gorgeous Bo Bunny Barefoot and Bliss 6x6 pad (yes, you are seeing it again! I warned you.).



Products: Sweet November stamps, Bo Bunny dp, The Cat's Pajamas CutUps, Ki Memories Softies charm, Kaisercraft jewels, Copic Markers

Copics: Skin-E000, E00, E11, R20; Hair-E50, E51, E53, E55; Tail-YG01, YG13, YG17; Top/Scarf-B0000, B000, B01; Fish-YR12, YR14, E97, E99, W00, W1, W5, W7; Dolphin-C00, C1, C3, C5; Otter-W2, W5, W7

I hope you will join in on the challenge. There is a great prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, your project must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps shop whether it is any of the wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries. Be sure to link up your project with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10PM EST and only one entry per person please.

I hope to see you here again soon.

1 comment:

  1. The Bo Bunny papers are perfect...I had to grab a few of them too because I thought they would work so well with the mermaids!:) Your card is so impressive, I can see why your granddaughter would be ooohing and aaaahing! It's a great scene and I love all the little friends you were able to use!
    You really rocked the challenge!

    ReplyDelete