Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Today's card is a Father's Day card for my husband. Although I never really understood  the "owl" phase in scrapbooking products,  I did really like this big owl stamp from Hero Arts. I stamped him onto Copic X-Press It blending card and then colored him with Copic markers. It took a while because I colored each little feather one a time since I was afraid I would mess up the color pattern I wanted if I colored ahead. No time lost though since I did it during one night of insomnia. I emulated the argyle shape in the pattern paper with a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the main image panel. All pattern paper is from the My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose "Hattie" 6x6 pad.


Products: Hero Arts stamp, My Mind's Eye dp, PTI button and sentiment, My Favorite Things Die-namics, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Copic Markers

Copics: BG70, BG72, BG75, Y21, Y23, Y26, E40, E41, E42, W2, W5, W7, YG91, YG93

As always thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. This is spectacular Nancy! Beautiful colors and coloring!! Enjoy what's left of the weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Nancy! LOVE how you've colored the owl, the colors and papers are so perfect for a guy card! Just awesome!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete