Wednesday, June 22, 2011

All That Scraps Wednesday - Pinwheels

It is time for another All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge. There is a great prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, your project must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps shop whether it is any of the wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries. Be sure to link up your project with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10PM EST and only one entry per person please! Today's challenge is to use to "incorporate pinwheels" in your project.

Pinwheels always have that wow factor because they look hard to make but in fact are easy peasy to create. I made it even easier by using The Cat's Pajamas Pinwheel die to make mine. What can I say? I'm lazy card maker! Here is a pattern if you don't happen to have the TCP die.

I'm going back to my first Sweet November love with this beauty Chanter Heartsong. When I first discovered these stamps I had no idea that they were created by an old acquaintance of mine from the Lifetime Moments message board which is now closed. We found our way to each other again through blogland and, lucky me, I'm designing for Amy now. The whimsical nature of the stamps is what drew me in and by stalking Amy's blog, she taught me that hair doesn't have to be the usual colors thus the pink hair on Chanter. I used some really old paper with this. It is the Heather Bailey collection from Autumn Leaves. I had always loved her fabric so when the paper came out I grabbed it up. I only have 3 partial pieces of it left and I'm hoarding every little morsel of it. The pinwheel stem is a plastic straw from my kitchen drawer.


Products: Sweet November stamp, The Cat's Pajamas Pinwheel CutUps, PTI buttons, Kaisercraft jewels, Martha Stewart paper doily, Copic Markers

Copics: Skin-E000, E00, E11, R20; Eyes-BG10, BG53; Hair/Clothing/Wings Trim-RV10, RV32, RV34; Clothing-YG01, YG13, YG23; Wings/Shoes-Y0000, Y11, Y15

So get to work on those pinwheel projects! Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Chanter looks beautiful and I can understand why you hoard that gorgeous paper! Your pinwheel looks too cool, this was a really fun challenge and perfect for summer cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh! Your pinwheel is perfect. I just love the decorative paper! I remember buying them as a kid and blowing them round and round. Hope your doing well!

    ReplyDelete