Sunday, October 3, 2010

Froggy Tales

I made this card during the Alabama-Florida game. I'm a nervous game watcher so it's this or chew on my fingernails! By the way, not only did we win but we won big! RTR!

I created this for the current Tiddly Inks Challenge to use a crackle finish or Diamond Glaze.  I printed the Tiddly Inks "Donna" image onto Bazzill Simply Smooth cardstock. I then positioned a piece of the patterned paper onto a sheet of plain paper and printed again so I could paper piece the umbrella portion. After cutting out the umbrella I squeezed a layer of Diamond Glaze onto it. I was happy to see that my Epson ink held up well against the water based glaze. I have never had a smearing problem with printing digital images either. I cut two layers of "grass" with a Martha Stewart punch temporarily adhering to the bottom of the image and then cut all with a Spellbinders Nestabilties. After cutting I removed the grass and added some Diamond Glaze to it as well giving it a wet appearance. I sponged the edges of the image piece while it was still in the die and then colored with Copic Markers. I assembled the card while the Diamond Glaze was drying. The umbrella was attached with a pop dot and glue under the bottom corners so it would curve.


Products: Tiddly Inks digital stamp, Jillibean Soup dp, American Crafts dp and ribbon, Making Memories epoxy heart, PTI cs and buttons, Kaisercraft pearls, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Martha Stewart punch, Diamond Glaze, Copic Markers

Copics: Skin-E0000, E00, R20; Hair-E51, E53, E55, E57; Slicker/Rain boots-Y11, Y15; Shirt/boot soles/Umbrella handle-N5, N7; Skirt-R22, R27, R29; Frogs-YG21, YG23, YG25

That's it for today.  I hope you have a blessed Sunday.

10 comments:

  1. Cute card!!! I love how you coordinated the paper with the image and the effect wet in the umbrella is perfect.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh - this is totally cute...love the little umbrella and that frog paper!!! Adorable
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Nancy and the umbrella looks amazing, very creative! Love that frog paper you used, very whimsical! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely adorable creation Nancy! That image is so delightful and you've colored it up beautifully! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is great! I love the froggie paper....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love all your little extra touches, like how you created the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely darling! I've never seen this image before, and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo stinkin' cute and I adore the paper! thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute! Love that froggy paper- she matches great w/Donna! :) Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete