Monday, September 13, 2010

O Christmas Tree Crate Paper Style

Do you remember right after my Christmas in July month when I said I was going to do a Christmas card each week until I had all my cards all done for this year?  I haven't.  Do you also remember when I said I would not buy any new holiday paper this year because I had so much already?  I have.  Although not as much as I have in the past. I just really couldn't resist the new Crate Paper Snow Day so I purchased the 6x6 pad along with the matching chipboard. Love that the paper is double-sided so you really get great value from that little pad! Plus there are so many patterns which can be used for non-holiday themed cards. However, unlike other 6x6 pads, the patterns have not been scaled in size; they are simple 12x12 sheets cut into 4 pieces.  Most of the designs are small anyway though so it really didn't effect the design process for me. 

To make up for the fact that I've been a real slacker on the Christmas card front, I have 4 to share with you today with even more coming later on in the week.  Today's set feature a tree theme.

First up is a card I made for the current Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge; however, I did flip the sketch to make a portrait style card rather than landscape. I stamped the Christmas tree image from the Taylored Expressions Wings of Joy set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Bazzill Simply Smooth cardstock, then colored with Copic Markers. I trimmed around the image and mounted it onto a matted circle created with Spellbinders Nestabilities.   


All the rest of the cards were created using the matching Snow Day chipboard as the centerpiece.




Products: Taylored Expressions stamp, Crate Paper dp and chipboard, PTI cs and buttons, Kaisercraft jewels, May Arts ribbon, , Bazzill Basics embossing folder, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers

Copics: YG23, YG25, YG17, R32, R35, R37, BG10, BG11, BG13, Y21, Y23, YR23, YR04

Have a great week!  Later!

3 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute and cute! I do love this Crate paper line, these cards are awesome Nancy, and you did a month's worth of x-mas cards in one day... no slackin' there I'd say! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those cards are adorable Nancy! I think you are well on your way to having them done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these cards are so stunning and very designer looking... i love the colours. very contemporary.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete