Monday, September 27, 2010

Catch a Star

Today's project features a beautiful image by Tiddly Inks "Fairy Fae Catches a Star."  I wanted my card to have somewhat of an ethereal look so I chose patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket's Mitten Weather 6x6 pad. I printed the digital image onto Bazzill Simply Smooth cardstock and colored with Copic Markers.  I then cut it out with a Spellbinder's Nestabilities, sponging the edges with ink while it was still in the die. I haven't notice anyone else coloring in a scarf on the fairy's hair but that's the way it looked to me. I added a few jewels to the stars in her hair as well the ones she is trying to capture. I found some fun old products in my stash too, the Scrapworks round clip and the Lil Davis glittery chipboard stars. It amazes me what I actually own sometimes! I followed the basic sketch for this week's Tiddly Inks Challenge. This also fits this week's Crazy 4 Challenges to use bling.



Products: Tiddle Inks digital stamp, Cosmo Cricket dp, My Favorite Things Die-namics, MME buttons, PaperTrey Ink sentiment stamp and buttons, Kaisercraft pearls, Basic Grey jewels, Spellbinders Nestabilties, Copic Markers

Copics: Skin-E0000, E00; Hair-E50, E51, E53, E55; Dress/Scarf-BV0000,BV00, BV01, Wings/Stars/Dress Ruffles-W00, W1, W2,W5

I hope your week starts off great.  I wish I could complain about it being Monday but I still don't have a job.....sigh.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!! So etheral feeling!! Thanks for posting your colors. I love the hair color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,
    Beautiful card I love the stars and the flowers, such a feeling of tranquility, and the colouring is amazing.
    Thank you so much for your lovely commet in my blog,
    Take care have a great evening, crafty hugs Bridget :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZERS! This is gorgeous Nancy, I love the colors and the way you colored Fairy Fae, it really does have an ethereal feel! Using her for a Christmas card is so cool, love the idea Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nacy what an adorable card! Love the soft colours. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy this is gorgeous! Beautful colors and I adore your embellies. Thanks for joining the Tiddly inkers this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Nancy. I love stopping by your blog and enjoy your elegant card making. Thank you for sharing. Hugs Cecilie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. :) It is very bright and merry. :)

    ReplyDelete