Tuesday, August 31, 2010

An ATC Swap

I haven't made an ATC (artist trading card) in a long time but I recently joined a swap at Split Coast Stampers to feature a My Favorite Things Pure Innocence stamp of our choice.  Joining a swap is something I haven't done in a long time either and at first it seemed a bit overwhelming as I had completely forgotten how I managed them before.  But by breaking the process up into tasks I completed them rather quickly.  I started out by making a prototype.  Once I was happy with it I then created the rest of them assembly line style.

Step 1: I cut out all my pieces for the base, patterned paper background, stamped background, mats for stamped images and clouds which I inked around the edges.

Step 2: I colored all the images with Copic markers and used stickles for the snowflakes and the snow. Obviously, this was the most time consuming step.  I actually did these while watching television one night.


Step 3: While my images were drying I threaded all my buttons with baker's twine, added a jewel to each cloud and adhered the patterned paper to the ATC base.


Step 4: When the stickles on the stamped images dried I adhered them to the mat pieces.


Step 5: For the final step, I assembled the ATC's, adding one of the threaded buttons and a couple of pearls for embellishments. 



Products: My Favorite Things stamp and Die-Namics; Heidi Grace patterned paper, PTI cs, Stickles, Doodlebug jewels, Kaisercraft pearls, Copic Markers  

Copics: Skin-E0000, E00, E02, R02; Hair-E50, E51, E53; Coat/Scarf/Boots/Hat-B41, B32, RV13, RV14, BV00, V12, YG13, YG25; Shadows-C1, B000

Now for the hard part, getting them packaged and mailed!

4 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! Love how you did them.....now I guess I better blog about mine!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Nancy! What a lucky group of swappers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job on these Nancy, I loved seeing your process too!These li'l sweeties are so fun, great choice with the Heidi Grace papers...I love all the color!
    Your swappers are going to love these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAACK!!!! These are SO sweet and precious!!!! Seriously those are a REAL ATC Size??? WOWZERS!!!!

    I am RE-working mine, yours make me cry over mine!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete