Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hot Colors for a Hot Summer Day

I hope you are staying cool wherever you live. It is so very hot here in Alabama that it is hard to get energy up to do much of anything. I dearly love the south and really wouldn't live anywhere else but I have to admit I wouldn't mind a very long vacation in a cooler area right now!  

Today's card is for this week's Stampavie DT Challenge. The challenge is to use a Stampavie image with any types of "dots". I combined a sweet Sarah Kay image with some of my very favorite Cosmo Cricket paper, Delovely.  My dots are featured on the card background via a Cuttlebug embossing folder as well as the dots in one of the patterned papers. I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Bazzill Simply Smooth cardstock, then colored with Copic markers.   


Products: Stampavie stamp, Cosmo Cricket pp, May Arts ribbon flower, PTI cs and buttons, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Copic Markers

Copic Markers: Skin-E00, E02, R20; Hair-Y21, E31,E15, E99;Clothes-BG10, BG11, BG13; Flowers-RV04, RV14, RV17; Greenery-YG11, YG13, YG17; Basket and Contents-YC3, C3, C5, E33, E15, Kitty-Y11, Y35

Our time with granddaughters Skye and Julia is drawing to a close. We've enjoyed our visit with them but I think they are both ready to see their mom and dad. The down side of the visit is that I've managed to gain five pounds, due to the kid friendly menus I'm sure, plus all the extra snack type food that I don't buy on a normal basis.  I'll have to get back on the diet wagon next week.

As always, thank for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment