Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Our Girl

I finally feel like I am getting over the upper respiratory infection I've been suffering from for the past couple of weeks. My energy level is still lagging but I'm getting there. SO ready for Spring.  Hopefully it means I can put all the sickies behind me.  

Please excuse my project photos; they might actually take a little longer to load than normal since the file size is larger.  A word of advice, do not upgrade to Windows 7 unless:  a) You have to, as in my case since my old laptop died and there or no new computers out there that aren't Windows 7. Or b) you can afford to replace all your software and hardware that are not compatible with 7.  My Epson scanner which is admittedly old but still a good one has been rendered obsolete as Epson has no plans to provide a compatible driver.  Plus PSE 7 does not work and it was my only photo editor.  That one is especially hard to take as I have not had it very long and now it is useless.  I've tried working with Adobe but frankly they have made the problem worse not to mention caused some things to happen to my brand new laptop that I'm not happy about.  I gave up, found a good restore point and put it back to its original state. So for now I am editing my photos via Picnik while I weigh my options or find some money.  Anyway, that's my PSA for the day.

Now on to the fun part of this post!  First up is a card based on the current Taylored Expressions sketch challenge.  I used some of my favorite Crate Paper collection and combined it with My Mind's Eye patterned paper.  Very simple stamping on this one! 























Products: Basic Grey stamp, Crate Paper and My Mind's Eye patterned paper, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Spellbinders Nestiabilities, Martha Stewart border punch, May Arts ribbon, Papertrey Ink buttons

While I had the paper out, I also made a layout featuring my sweet granddaughter Clara. 






















Products: Crate Paper and My Mind's Eye patterned paper, Melissa Frances Crepe paper, Heidi Grace chipboard letters, Pink Paislee letter stickers, Sassafrass Lass Brads, May Arts Ribbon, Fiskars border punch, Fancy Pants felt

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you're feeling better nancy, but am so sorry about the computer!! I hope it all works out ok soon.

    LOVE the lace treatment on your card, and the cute ribbon border on the layout.

    ReplyDelete